WHY USE NIDAGRAVEL?
Why use Nidagravel gravel grids? Perhaps a better question to ask is - why wouldn't you use Nidagravel gravel grids!
Firstly, let's talk about gravel, chippings and decorative aggregates, which are all more or less the same thing, give or take some differences in size, shape and colour, so for ease, we will refer to gravel, chippings and decorative aggregates simply as 'gravel'. Gravel is an excellent choice of material to use (when stabilised with Nidagravel gravel grids) to create an attractive, free-draining surface for gardens, driveways, and commercial spaces that is very durable. It is supplied in a wide range of sizes, colours, and textures and is completely permeable. It's available in bulk bags or loose loads all over the UK, it's a very cost-effective surfacing material and it's also completely natural. Decorative gravels are also very versatile and can be used in contemporary garden designs or more traditional settings and is a very popular choice for large and small driveways. Gravel also makes a satisfying 'crunching' sound underfoot and when we think of a classic driveway surface, here in the UK, we tend to think of the long sweeping gravel driveways and entrances of stately homes and country houses. We like gravel - gravel really is a superb material to use and when installed using Nidagravel honeycomb gravel stabilisation grids
, we think stabilised gravel provides the most attractive, environmentally friendly surface available in the UK.
So, gravel itself is not the problem. The way in which gravel is traditionally installed is the problem.
It has long been acknowledged that the traditional way of laying decorative gravel and aggregates directly over the sub-base, in the long term, leads to a number of problems. These include loss of gravel over time from the surface and gravel migration, with unwanted gravel spilling into lawns and borders, development of potholes and ruts, maintenance issues and traditional gravel surfaces can be very difficult to walk on, push a wheelchair or buggy over and in some cases when the gravel layer is particularly deep, it can even be difficult to drive on. These problems apply to all situations where gravel is laid in the traditional way, including driveways, garden paths, seating areas, and large gravel surfaces in public spaces. Traditionally laid gravel is often even more problematic when used for driveways, parking areas and car parks as regular vehicular traffic compounds the problem and regularly results in potholes and ruts developing which then pool with water when it rains. This is what we would refer to as poor surface performance and one that requires constant attention and maintenance.
Nidagravel gravel stabilisation grids provide the solution!
Our range of gravel grids or honeycomb stabilizers are the answer. Nidagravel gravel grids
were designed to develop a way of stabilising gravel using a matrix of hexagonal cells. These hexagonal cells form a honeycomb structure which can be filled with gravel and this cellular structure not only holds the gravel firmly in place but also reinforces the gravel surface. The loose gravel is held in place permanently even on sloping driveways and surfaces. Nidagravel grids are also designed to be lightweight so that they are easy to handle and transport, but also to have a very high compressive strength, up to 400 tonnes per sqm with our Nidagravel 140
grids, which is extremely strong and therefore more than capable of supporting a gravel surface used by cars, vans, trucks and lorries. We usually refer to the Nidagravel gravel stabilisation system simply as 'gravel grids'. It's a straightforward name that describes the function of the product, but there are a variety of terms used to describe gravel stabilisation in the UK such as gravel reinforcement, geocells, drive grids, honeycomb gravel, gravel trays, cellular gravel, etc, etc. They all essentially mean the same thing and are alternative ways of saying gravel grid. Nidagravel grids are the original gravel stabilisation system and offer the best solution for creating a firm, permeable high-performance gravel surface
BENEFITS OF USING NIDAGRAVEL GRAVEL REINFORCEMENT GRIDS
Nidagravel gravel grids provide a durable and long-lasting surface.Nidagravel grids prevent potholes and ruts developing in gravel driveways.Nidagravel cellular grids are easy to walk on, ride a bike or push a wheelchair across, drive across in a car or ride over on a motorbike.Nidagravel gravel grids provide a 100% water-permeable or porous surface, which ensures no puddles or pooling of surface water.Nidagravel honeycomb grids do not require additional and often expensive drainage work.Nidagravel gravel reinforcement grids are lightweight, easy to handle and quick to install.Nidagravel driveway grids are flexible and will follow the contours of your site perfectly.Nidagravel gravel grids are ideal for use on sloping paths and driveways up to 15%.Nidagravel grids have a geotextile membrane thermally glued to the underside of each sheet, which prevents gravel from getting underneath the grids.Nidagravel drive grids have a membrane on the back which inhibits weed growth making the gravel surface easy to maintain.Nidagravel gravel trays hold gravel in place permanently with very low gravel migration.Nidagravel gravel grids are designed to be hidden and are completely invisible when laid.Nidagravel gravel mats are supplied in large-format sheets, which are quick and easy to lay with no clips or pins required.Nidagravel gravel grids require no special tools for installation, making it simple for DIY projects.Nidagravel gravel retention grids are recyclable, UV and frost resistant.
10 ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF USING NIDAGRAVEL GRAVEL STABILISATION GRIDS
1. Nidagravel grids have an extremely long lifespan and are not a single-use plastic product, which is better for the environment.
2. Nidagravel gravel mats are manufactured using recycled materials.
3. Nidagravel is manufactured using environmentally friendly techniques including filtering and recycling the water used in production.
4. Nidagravel gravel stabilisation grids are fully recyclable and off-cuts from the installation can be placed in domestic recycling bins.
5. Nidagravel provides a 100% water-permeable surface to allow rainwater to filter through to groundwater aquifers.
6. Nidagravel porous gravel surfaces reduce rainwater run-off and ease the pressure on stormwater and sewerage systems.
7. Nidagravel has a low carbon footprint compared to concrete block paving and tarmac driveway surfaces.
8. Nidagravel gravel trays inhibit weed growth, which reduces the need to use chemical weed killers.
9. Nidagravel honeycomb grids are lightweight and use less energy and fuel for transportation.
10. Nidagravel grids can be laid over concrete and tarmac surfaces
, providing a cost-effective gravel surface solution.
10 GREAT REASONS TO CHOOSE NIDAGRAVEL GRAVEL RETENTION GRIDS
1. Nidagravel grids are manufactured to a high standard by Nidaplast who are the world leaders in gravel stabilisation production.
2. Nidagravel gravel cells are a tried and tested system and have been used to stabilise gravel for over 25 years.
3. Nidagravel grids are recognised as being the leading gravel stabilisation system in the UK and Europe.
4. Nidagravel cellular gravel grids are guaranteed to stabilise your gravel path, driveway and car park surfaces.
5. Nidagravel gravel stabilisers are branded with the Nidagravel logo and trademark.
6. Nidagravel drive grids provide a cost-effective and high-performance gravel surface.
7. Nidagravel UK hold large quantities of Nidagravel 129, 130 and 140 grids in stock to ensure availability all year round.
8. Nidagravel UK delivers our gravel grids nationwide in 48 hours from placing your order.
9. Nidagravel UK offer full product and technical support along with expert installation advice.
10. Nidagravel UK aim to deliver a first-class customer service
Nidagravel UK - Making gravel surfaces perform better...